tisdag 18 januari 2011

Avatar

Hello again!
As you know I've been reviewing very famous films, but I assure you all, I will review whatever movies I want. So, a lot of old movies will definitely be reviewed as well!
Anyways, its been a while since I saw Avatar, but I remember it very clearly.
James Cameron took his time since his last film Titanic(not really one of my favourites). But Avatar really shows that it was time well spent, meaning the special effects.
As far as the actual movie is concerned, I mean the actual story, I kinda think it was a waste of money. I have seen five thousonds films like this one. I honestly knew EXACLY what was going to happen when I sat there in the cinema. I don't remember a single surprise during the whole film. And seriously, why pay 300 million dollars for something like this, and not make the story interesting in any way what so ever!

Another thing that really bugged me was when the head- military guy(who is a walking clivché btw) kept saying how hard it was to survive on Pandora, and that they would all look like shit before they got home because of all the scars and shit they were going to get. But never, not ONCE, did we get to see someone coming home looking like that, we didn't even get to see someone getting hurt even a little bit. Strange, says I.

The cast. Nothing to say. They did their jobs. Brought the clichés to life I guess. No jokes aside, they were pretty good.
Anyways, this was worth seeing because of the effects and the technique. But that's it. The film was... entertaining but...lame.
I would give a 6 out of 10.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar